Life onboard the EcoSRV - Ecological Scientific Research Vessel
As well as investigating Marine Ecosystems, we believe it is important to live a healthy, environmentally friendly lifestyle and enjoy every day to the full.
- The food onboard is vegetarian or sometimes pescaterian.
- We try to use locally sourced food as much as possible, especially food that is in season
- Also when cooking we try to reduce the use of resources (time, gas and effort) by cooking everything in 1 pot
- The boat is a smoke free zone.
- No drugs are allowed onboard, authorities regularly bring sniffer dogs aboard.
- Alcohol is prohibited when at sea, but, drinking in moderation when docked is allowed.
Spare time activities
- We practice healing techniques including:
- Shiatsu Massage
- Thai Massage
- Massage with Essential Oils
- Playing Music
- For some projects we go Scuba Diving
- 5:30-6 AM Wake up,
- Agnihotra Fire Ritual at Sunrise
- 7:30-8 AM Breakfast
- 8 AM Research or Maintenance Activities
- 12-1 PM Lunch (Preparation and Eating)
- 2 PM Research, Maintenance or Spare Time Activities
- 6 PM
- Agnihotra Fire Ritual at Sunset
- 7-8 PM Evening Meal (Preparation and Eating)
- 8 PM Cultural Activities
- 10 PM Lights Out